Shoot us a message by using the form below
Audition for Margaret Fulton : Queen of the Dessert
By Doug Macleod and Yuri Worontschak
The Bondi Theatre Company is excited to be staging the Sydney premiere of a musical celebration of an Australian and Balmain icon - Margaret Fulton : Queen of the Dessert.
The musical by Doug Macleod (Comedy Company) and Yuri Worontschak (AFI award winning composer) was described "as ninety minutes of delectable enjoyment as lightly whipped and deliciously sweet as any of the pavlovas on display" at its Melbourne premiere. See a highlight here.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 12 MIDNIGHT – Friday, 15th June 2018 Successful applicants will be contacted with appointment times.
To register interest in receiving an audition time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Include a CV, Headshot and character suggestion.
AUDITION DATES Sunday 17th June, 5pm onwards. At the Bondi Pavilion
CALL BACKS: Monday 18th June, 7pm onwards.
REHEARSALS To commence Mid August 2018 in the Bondi vicinity, venue TBA.
Rehearsals will be Monday and Wednesday evening and Sunday mornings (or afternoons).
PERFORMANCE DATES AND TIMES TBC
Sunday, 7 October, Bump in
Friday, 12 October 7:30pm
Saturday, 13 October 7:30pm
Wednesday, 17 October Matinee 11am Friday,
19 October 7:30pm
Saturday, 20 October 7:30pm
Sunday, 21 October Matinee 2pm
Wednesday, 24 October Matinee 11am
Thursday, 25 October 7:30pm
Friday, 26 October 7:30pm
Saturday, 27 October 7:30pm (9pm if season extended)
Sunday, 28 October Bump Out
All applicants will be required to prepare two (2) contrasting songs (32 Bars) of their own choosing (One up-tempo and one ballad, both demonstrating a good range) and perform a short acting piece that will be sent once you apply.
Please note there will be a courtesy payment for all cast member plus a profit share arrangement.
Isabella, Ghost of Margaret Fulton’s Mother (Female) Age: 30’s to 40’s + Vocal Range G3-F5
Male performer One - Tenor Age: 20’s to 30’s Vocal range D3 – A4
• Trevor (a young soldier befriended by Margaret)
• Simon Dee (An English DJ)
• Manager of Hotel Canberra
• Shady figure (An undercover operative for the Gas and Fuel Corporation)
• Paul Hamlyn (a book publisher from London) •
Visitor (a man from Margaret’s bank)
• Graeme (A cabaret artist)
• Michael Mckeag (a cinematographer, also the man described by Margaret as the love of her life)
Male performer Two - Baritone Age: Late 20’s – 40’s Vocal range G2 – C3
Comedic Ability Essential.
• First boss (a man in charge of a bolt x-raying works)
• Second Boss (a man in charge of the Gas and Fuel Corporation cooking classes)
• Third Boss (A man of editorial influence on a ‘woman’s magazine’)
• Fourth Boss (A man high up in advertising)
• Thomas Keneally (A prominent Australian author)
• Denis (Margaret’s husband, an actor with good looks)
Female Ensemble / Backing Singer Age: 20’s – 30’s Vocal Range G3-G5 Dance essential